The identity of the Toyota Boshoku group
The Toyota Boshoku group has consistently focused on HITOZUKURI and MONOZUKURI from the customer’s perspective, based on the concept that “human resources development is at the heart of manufacturing.” In addition, taking into account the nature of our products, i.e. that people have direct physical contact with them, we will continue to provide “comfort value” through advanced R&D based on manufacturing that considers people, connects with them, and makes them feel an affection for our products.
R&DPursuing “comfort” in mobility spaces based on “safety” and “environment”
In order to offer “Quality of time and space” in all forms of mobility, we take on the challenge of R&D with an insatiable curiosity and spirit of inquiry, while staying ahead of the current trends. We are committed to developing high-quality and safe products for our customers around the world with passion, a sense of mission, and tenacity.
- R&D foundation
- Development bases
- R&D expenses
- 47.3billion yen
- Intellectual property
- Number of patents held
Outside of Japan
MONOZUKURICultivated over 100 years, creating “affection” based on “trust” and “reassurance”
We place great value on customer first, continuous improvement, and Genchi-Genbutsu (go, see & study). We have set ourselves the challenge of developing environmentally sound production and manufacturing technologies for the next 100 years through a fusion of reasonable price, high-quality products with cutting-edge technology.
- Manufacturing foundation
- Manufacturing sites
- Capital investment
- 50.7billion yen
- Total number of contestants in the All Toyota Boshoku Skills Competition (1st to 16th competition total*))
- First held in Japan in fiscal 2007. Held annually on a global basis since fiscal 2011. However, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the competition was canceled in fiscal 2021, and in fiscal 2022/2023 only one category was held online globally, while the other categories were held only in Japan.
HITOZUKURICombining and maximizing the power of 50,000 global members to support future value creation
The Toyota Boshoku group has a corporate culture that respects a diversity of values, where we learn and grow together; and teamwork that challenges us to unite our minds with honesty and sincerity. By fostering a challenging spirit, we aim to realize our vision of diverse human resources being drawn by the appeal of the Toyota Boshoku group, with company members working vibrantly in all regions worldwide.
- Diverse human resources globally
- Number of group members*
- Proportion of members working in regions outside Japan*
- Collaboration with business partners
- Number of companies that participated in the Annual Supplier Meeting
- Including temporary company members