Based on our philosophy of "the Customer First", Toyota Boshoku Europe (TBEU) Purchasing is oriented to develop and provide innovative, safe and outstanding high quality products and services that meet a wide variety of customers' demands. In order for the TBEU group to strengthen its position for future business growth, we must develop a world class supply base that provides:
- Superior Supplier Performance and Quality level (Q)
- Achievement of best-in-class cost (C)
- Flawless Program Delivery (D)
Successful execution of these items allows the TBEU group and our suppliers to grow together.
Basic Purchasing Policy
- 1. Open and Fair Transactions
- We provide all companies with the opportunity to participate in conducting transactions in an open, equitable, and impartial manner, regardless of nationality. Supplier selection is based on fair comparisons and an overall consideration of reliability, product quality, technical capabilities, costs, assurance of delivery schedules, and numerous other aspects.
- 2. Mutual Development through Mutual Trust
- Our approach is to strive for mutual development with our suppliers through our business transactions. We think it is important to build good, long-term relationships through close communications with our suppliers.
- 3. Promotion of "Green Purchasing"
- So that we may pass along a rich, abundant environment to succeeding generations, Toyota Boshoku group intends to make purchasing of environmentally sound products a priority issue as part of an overall stance that requires us to make efforts to procure safe parts and materials. We are taking steps to promote green purchasing to help create a recycling-based society.
- 4. Promotion of Local Purchasing as a Good Corporate Citizen
- Aware of the company's role as a member of the local community, Toyota Boshoku group aims to develop and contribute to society as a good corporate citizen. We shall act as a local enterprise in promoting purchasing from other companies in the immediate area so as to contribute to the local community.
- 5. Compliance and Maintaining Confidentiality
- We shall adhere to all laws and social norms that bear on our purchasing activities.
We shall exercise all due care in handling confidential information obtained through mutual purchasing activities.